Friday 19 February 2016

About myself

Hello,
This is a new blog I'm trying to use to keep track of myself. My road to learning how to invest my money. I'm 20 this year, Born in 1996.

So more about me, I've been hooked on by investment last year, when I had spare cash. I thought, "Wah bank give me so little interest 0.05%" and thought "How like that? 0.05% give me 30cents sia". Then I sourced out and found investment blogs, hardwarezone stock forum, and started reading.
I've made mistakes from the day I started my first investment. Firstly, Emotional investing, Kanjiong spider style, dumb mistakes like buying after EX-Date to average down. Hahahaha I know...

My first stock was actually Starhub, I had quite the confidence in them until recently. Because for the past decade my family has been using Starhub as ISP & Cable TV. So I thought should be good, Take a look at their dividends. "Wah 5%! ($4.00 price at that time)". So I decided to buy. Luckily 1 Lot only (100 shares). It came quickly as it goes..., Last year Q1 or Q2 started loss, I thought "Oh never see them at IT Show promote, thats why no $$, so continue holding). $4 now become $3.43.

So what I have learnt is that do not buy so kanjiong, Read their financial records and statements, Financial information available easily. P/E ratio, etc. News about Telcos, etc. I think have quite a few more but not too sure about them. Still new in this area.

Alright... So until here for now. Will start to blog actively I hope.

Thank you for reading.
-YoungLearnsInvest96

2 comments:

  1. hello my young friend,

    i lot is 1,000 shares, not 100 shares, becareful with it, especially when you start active buying.

    my advise is just use the number of shares, 100 shares, 1000 shares or even 1 million shares etc...

    i million shares is also 1,000 lots ofcos.

    today is all about self execution so not so much of a problem, unlike long time ago you buy and sell through stock brokers and can easily make a mistake.

    happy investing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Thanks for your reply.
      Because SGX's new implementation last year which made it for equities to be traded in lots of 100 shares. So I used 1 lot = 100 shares :)

      And yup! Compared to previous times where miscommunication can occur with stock brokers that can result in a lot more possibilities of mistakes.

      Delete