Wednesday 23 March 2016

Portfolio Update

Sorry for the late update. Was busy with mypart time work and business side of things. As well as being busy with exams the past 2 weeks and not able to update much.


Portfolio information as of 24/3/2016 2.30pm
Portfolio% Gain/lossLOSS =4.46%
NameAmt of sharesCurrent price
Starhub (CC3)1003.37
SPDR STI ETF (ES3)12002.85
Fraser Commercial Trust (ND8U)20001.32
Cache Logistic Trust (K2LU)5000.85
ST Engineering (S63)1003.19
Total Value7141

- So far, No new changes to the equities so far. Still waiting for a good chance to get more STI ETFs.
As for Starhub, have been thinking awhile if I should just sell it and convert it to 200 shares of STI ETF by topping up abit more. 

-Biggest holding, Fraser Commercial Trust. I'm having a lot of faith in them, despite the slowing market and office rates, they seem to prevail due to less volatile Grade B office rental rates. Expecting an upside for this.

UPDATES: 
I've placed additional $5000 into the Bank Of China's SmartSaver Plan, This is done through my mum. Where they provide monthly payouts of interest (3.55% P.A.(Compounded = approx 3.6% P.A
). This is good because of its risk-free nature, and when you need the money, you are able to take it out as it is not earmarked like fixed deposits. And also there is already $10000 inside where my mum saved for me since young, but I'm not taking into account the $10000 for my total portfolio worth.
Approximately : 15000 x (0.036) = $540 expected interest to be received. RISK FREE!

My goal for this year is to save up to $25000. I started this year at around $11000. 3 Months in, I'm around 15000 now. $10000 to go! Last year managed to save $11000 with the help of scholarship which provided $3000. 

Thank you for reading. 

Total Net Value of Me : 7141+5000+Approx3000 warchest = $15141.
Goal of 2015: $10000 ->Achieved $11000
Goal of 2016: $25000 -> As of March ($15000)
Goal by 2022: $100000 -> Aiming to reach this amount by 26 years old. 

6 comments:

  1. Wow thats incredible achievement co nsidering you are only 20

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Really motivating for me. I hope that I will be able to keep my prudent acts up and achieve my goals in the up coming years :). The blog acts as a reminder for me :D

      Delete
  2. Hi there,

    96... I feel so old already!

    And to think that I assumed I started young at around 25. 5 years head start will make a big difference.

    Lastly, congrats on your scholarship! The money will come in handy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha dun like that la, Mind over body, think you are young and you will be! (Hopefully)

      And Thanks! The scholarship I got was for last year, hopefully this year I can get it again hahaha.

      I wish that I will be able to see the fruits of success earlier with my 5 year headstart. It was like one day I felt like oh shit no money next time how marry/buy hdb/retire early and I started saving and being much more prudent in my spendings. In the end my star goal is to hopefully be able to retire by 35-40 years old. But slowly ahh I haven't even gone through NS yet...

      Delete
    2. Hahaha dun like that la, Mind over body, think you are young and you will be! (Hopefully)

      And Thanks! The scholarship I got was for last year, hopefully this year I can get it again hahaha.

      I wish that I will be able to see the fruits of success earlier with my 5 year headstart. It was like one day I felt like oh shit no money next time how marry/buy hdb/retire early and I started saving and being much more prudent in my spendings. In the end my star goal is to hopefully be able to retire by 35-40 years old. But slowly ahh I haven't even gone through NS yet...

      Delete
  3. Very impressive goals and achievements you've got there. Let's walk towards our goals together :)

    ReplyDelete